Job vacancy: Skilled/semi-skilled metal worker
Due to a significant order book, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, skilled (or semi-skilled) metal worker to join our friendly team of experts.
Competitive salary (dependent on experience) with flexible hours. Immediate start available. Horsham, West Sussex.
Established in 1837, we are very proud to be the UK’s oldest lighting company. We are a niche business, albeit with a trading history of over 185 years.
William Sugg & Company is a small and proud team of skilled artisans and engineers who continue to set the highest standards in the manufacture, reproduction and refurbishment of heritage lighting, working on projects in the UK and internationally. By embracing LED technology and electronics the company provides a product with an outstanding performance that belies its historic appearance. Due to a significant order book and new projects we are looking to add to, and enhance, our current factory team.
An individual with a can-do attitude and flexible approach. You will be able to work with the minimum of supervision and deliver high quality products taking pride in every piece that leaves the factory.
- We offer flexible hours
- The work is interesting and varied; no two days are the same!
- Salary is competitive and dependant on skills the individual can bring to the company
- Immediate start available
We require an individual who has metal working experience who can manufacture components and can use or perform the following tasks, and operate the following equipment including:
- Break presses
- Drills, both pillar and hand drills
- Normal array of metal working hand tools
- Soft soldering and brazing
- Assembly of product including simple wiring
- CV with covering letter to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download full job description HERE